Location: Sydney, Inner West
Role: Jewellers Assistant
Every piece of jewellery from Crooked Howlet Designs, is produced and cast out of Sydney, Australia. Our production studio is right here in the HQ, in the Inner West. This allows us to maintain the highest standard of production and finishing quality. We are extremely proud of this aspect of our company and this will always remain certain.
However, in a small, shrinking industry - finding willing and enthusiastic jewellers is a tough task.
We are always looking to fill our team with both experienced jewellers and those looking to develop new skills in unfamiliar environment. Our production processes are very exclusive to Crooked Howlet Designs and therefore 'time in the trade' is not a necessity to be successful in this position.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Assist in the daily tasks of jewellery production
- Being the Johnny-on-the-spot for our head and senior jewellers, to help their days flow easier
- Desprueing and preparing the surface of the rings for the second stages of production
- Oxidising the silver components
- Inner-band preparation and size checks
WHAT YOU'll NEED
- Able to work at least three half days a week (starting in February). Opportunity for more hours.
- An interest in jewellery production / metal work.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Collaborative and team orientated.
- Managing workload whilst working across multiple seasons.